Where in the world is Mexico!?
Mexico is bordered on the north by the United States, on the south and west by the Pacific Ocean, on the southwest by Guatemala, Belize and the Caribbean Sea, on the East by the Gulf of Mexico. Mexico covers almost two million square kilometres.
Mexico is the most populous Spanish speaking country. The religion of majority of the country is Roman Catholicism.
Mexican cuisine is known for it's intense and varied flavours, colourful decoration and the variety of spices. The most internationally recognised dishes include chocolate, tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, burritos, tamales and mole among others.
For two citizens from outside countries to have a civil marriage ceremony in Cancun, you will need to provide:
- Original and copy of birth certificates annotated and translated by an authorized translator certified in the Spanish language
- Valid passports
- Prenuptial clinical analyses of both parties for VDRL, HIV, and RH (results are valid for 15 days)
- Original and copy of valid passport for two witnesses per party
- Copy of legal immigration status: Tourist, FM3, FM2
- Application and official oath of truthfulness
- Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation of 4 witnesses. Clients must arrive at least 3 working days prior to the wedding ceremony to submit all the documents.
Requirements for a Catholic marriage in Cancun are:
- Certificates of baptism
- Certificates of confirmation
- Permission of the selected church
- Two witnesses
- A passport-size photo of both the bride and groom
- Prenuptial counseling attended by both the bride and groom